Active service members need to speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor prior to enrolling at Tabor College.

How to Apply

Step 1a.) In order to use your benefits at Tabor College, you must apply with the Admissions Office of your school/program of interest:

Step 1b.) If you haven’t yet, please visit the Veteran Affairs website to apply for benefit eligibility using the VONAPP. This step should be done simultaneously with step 1a, as VA processing is sometimes delayed.

Veterans/Dependents may be eligible for one of the following categories:

  • Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty)
  • Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
  • Chapter 32 (Veterans Educational Assistance Program)
  • Chapter 33 (Post 9-11 GI Bill®)
  • Chapter 35 (Dependents of deceased or disabled Vets)
  • Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve)
  • Chapter 33 (Post 9-11 GI Bill®, Yellow Ribbon)

Step 2.) The VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility, of which a copy must be sent to Attn: VA Certifying Official in the Registrar’s Office. Please turn in this form, even if you are still awaiting your acceptance decision from Tabor College.

Step 3.) Once we have your Certificate of Eligibility AND you are enrolled in classes at Tabor College, we will begin reporting your enrollment to the VA so you receive benefits.


When a student adds or drops a class during the term, she/he must notify the Office of the Registrar and fill out an ADD/DROP NOTICE. The VA pays educational benefits based on your actual attendance in each class.

*Caution: “W’s”: The VA will not pay for educational benefits for courses from which you have withdrawn, unless the VA determines that there were mitigating circumstances.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Shopping Sheet